Southdowns 4x4 Response
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

beacons and flashing lights

3 posters

Go down

beacons and flashing lights Empty beacons and flashing lights

Post  Admin Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:35 pm

Have found a local company to us that supply all kinds of beaons from the original single revolving lights to the latest technology LED light bars. I personally have used them within the past couple of weeks and have bought items including led matrix signs, flashing spotlights (off road events) flashing grill gen3 LED light heads and Twin magnetic revolving amber beacon - great people to deal with www.emergencyequipmentshop.co.uk

PLEASE NOTE: - Under NO circumstances will blue, green or red lights be allowed to be used during Southdowns 4x4 Response work and no one wil have permission to use flahing headlights etc either. Yes you can have them fitted for personal use but please remember that they are illegal.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : terminology)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southdowns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

beacons and flashing lights Empty Blue Lights

Post  mikebravo Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:44 pm

In your statement with regards to personal use of Blue lights may I point out that Unless your vehicle is registered as an Emergency vehicle, the using of Blue lights and any form of white alternating grill lights, head lights or spot lights is illegal on a moving private vehicle (even if they are not on i.e.flashing)

mikebravo

http://www.setmedical.co.uk

Back to top Go down

beacons and flashing lights Empty Re: beacons and flashing lights

Post  Ro22 Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:26 pm

oh no, here we go again, maybe well get double or triple figures on the amount of replys to this thread. I suppose if you've got blue or white lights, well done,if you want to use them on the road, good luck because your gonna need it. It's aslo illegial to speed, talk on your mobile phone and undertake but people still do it. lets hope it's not a responder.

Ro22

Back to top Go down

beacons and flashing lights Empty legalities

Post  Admin Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:30 am

We hope to keep the choice of what our members do or dont have on their cars upto them, we arent responsible for them or their vehicles. All Southdowns 4x4 are responsible for is the members, staff and vehicles that are being used for Southdowns 4x4 response work whilst on a call or on way. Speeding, bodykits, tinted windows are all illegal so we'll keep legalities to the time were on a response call
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

beacons and flashing lights Empty Making incorrect statements!!

Post  mikebravo Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:58 pm

To Admin.
The reason for my statement was that your topic made it look as if drivers (members or not, responding or not) could have blue lights on their vehicles. I just pointed out that having them on a moving private vehicle (flashing or not) was illegal. I did not intend for this to become a thread. However, I need to say that yet again you (a person of authority ie Admin) should not make any incorrect statements as people may take them literally and therefore you are not being responsible & yes you do have responsibility for what members/non members have on their vehicles by what you say or imply. May I take a liberty and suggest you don't say anything until you have checked that what you are saying is correct.
Your last thread stated that tinted windows are illegal, sorry you are wrong! Tinted windows from the driver forward is but to the rear it is not.
What do you mean by body kits?? (I don't really want an answer)
Please just remember as someone in authority for Southdowns 4x4 response you do have responsibilities.

So can we please put an end to this thread as my only intention was to point out an incorrect statement, not to start a discussion, lets just discuss when we are going to get things moving

mikebravo

http://www.setmedical.co.uk

Back to top Go down

beacons and flashing lights Empty no hard feelings

Post  Admin Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:45 pm

with all due respect this is meant to be a forum for discussion, not for legally binding statements. ie legal or not. Yes I agree blue lights are illegal BUT we as a club are in no position to tell members / responders what they can or cant have we are not the police and all we can do is advise and recommend and explain to the individual members the consequences of having such items fitted. With regard to window tints again your correct if you take each statement made to the letter of the law - however they are trying to make ALL window tints to be made illegal. With regards to the bodykits - im sure there will be a law to suit they shouldnt be fitted and in the event of somebody dying because of poor fitting etc, Likewise Im sure if a bull bar / nudge bar / a frame of whatever else people call them are also illegal on cars after a 2002 but even this is questionable as even a Land Rover franchised garage is unsure of what the specific laws etc are so what chance do we have? This doesnt stop people having them fitted and im sure we wouldnt get pulled up on them whilst doing response work.

This isnt or wasnt a personal attack. We welcome your comments but members of Southdowns 4x4 im sure will agree this forum is for general discussion and if we want to lose members by being dictators then Im happy for them to have the freedom and choice - as long as they comply with the law whilst with or acting on behalf of Southdowns 4x4 Response. Neutral
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

beacons and flashing lights Empty Re: beacons and flashing lights

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum